A WordPress filter lets you regulate the contents of a block to make your website more organized and accessible for your visitors. WordPress filter posts by category and tag will contain your content in an orderly manner.
As a result, a visitor will be able to find whatever he is looking for without a hitch. This has become a vital part of woo-commerce without which your website might fail before it can flourish.
Why Choose Gutenberg Post Blocks PRO for a WordPress Filter?
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter gives you the best performance by minimizing your work and maximizing your success. No longer do you need to create separate pages for contents that already exist on your website, to put together similar materials.
Now with Gutenberg’s WordPress filter powered by ajax technology, you can assemble all your similar content in a single place without even reloading the page. All its take is a single click with Gutenberg Post Blocks PRO.
Step 1: How to Make the Filter Widget Visible in the Setting Menu
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter can be used with almost all of our blocks. However, to keep the interface intuitive and easy to use some of the widgets of our plugin remain inactive at first. You can easily turn on the widgets you need with a simple click without overflowing the menu with tools and widgets.
To turn on the filter widget you simply need to go to the setting tab and then to general settings. Here you will find a filter with a sliding button. To make the filter widget visible you simply need to click on this button. Now scroll down and you will see that the filter settings have appeared in the settings tab.
Step 2: How to Use Gutenberg’s WordPress Filter
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter comes with an easy to use and intuitive user interface. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers can use this WordPress filter.
This cutting edge WordPress filter gives in your hand the best WooCommerce filter by category and by tag. You can use either of them to filter your content for better navigation. So that your visitors find what they are looking for in a matter of seconds.
All Filter Text
Visitors of your website usually look for the things they are interested in. Through Gutenberg’s WordPress filter by category or by tag, they find things relevant to them without even reloading the page.
Once they are done browsing through the filtered content, they might want to go back to all contents where nothing is filtered. This feature takes your visitors back to the unfiltered content where everything is displayed.
With the “All Filter Text” feature of Gutenberg, a small text will appear on your block that will take your visitors back to all your content. Nothing will be filtered here. You can customize this text according to your needs to properly merge it with your content. To do so you simply need to change the text in the box.
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter is basically a WooCommerce category filter and a WooCommerce filter by tag. It gives you complete control over how you want to use this filter. Whether filter by category or filter by tag, it is completely up to you.
Before all, you need to decide how you want to filter. Once you have decided. Simply change the filter type from the box. Depending on your choice the box below the filter type will change. If you choose the category filter it will show category and if you choose to filter by tag it will show tag.
How to Add the Categories or Tags
Among all WordPress ajax filter posts by category or tag, those of Gutenberg’s stand out among the rest. This advanced filter automatically creates categories and tags for you by scanning all your posts. You don’t even have to add anything manually.
The next thing you need to do is simply add the categories or tags you want to use. To do so simply choose the one you want to add from the category or tag box. Clicking on it will add it to your block. You can add as many as you want.
Typography is an important part of a WordPress filter. Changing the typography of the categories and tags makes it easier for visitors to spot them. Doesn’t matter if it’s filter by category or filter by tag. You can easily change the typography of your category or tag texts.
The typography section includes commons settings like font size, line height, letter spacing, font-weight, style, decoration, and more. All the free fonts are here in one place for you to use.
Normal Filter Settings
In this section, you will be able to tweak with some very common yet useful settings of Gutenberg’s WordPress filter. Whether it is a category filter or a filter by tag, it makes no difference. You can use the same settings for both.
- Firstly you can change the color of your category or tag text in this section. This will only change the actual color of your category or tag text.
- Secondly, You can change the background color of the category and tag texts from this section. It only changes the immediate background color of your category or tag texts. This can help your categories or tags stand out from the rest of the block.
- Thirdly, You can even customize the borders of your category and tags from this section. Gutenberg’s WordPress filter offers you a variety of options to choose from.
Hover Filter Settings
This feature changes the color of your category or tag text, immediate background color, and border when you hover your cursor over it. It gives the visitor visual feedback and makes navigation much easier. The hover filter settings work identically with filter by category and filter by tag.
- Firstly you can easily change the hover color of your text. For example, if you change the hover color to red, your category or tag text color will change into red when you place your cursor over it. You can choose any color that suits your content.
- Secondly, the hover background color of the category and tag texts can also be changed to your liking. For instance, if you change the hover background color to green, the immediate background color of your category or tag text will be changed into green when you place your cursor over it.
- Thirdly, the hover border type of the category and tags can also be customized. It works much like the hover color and the hover background color. Additionally, you can customize the border type and color along with the width of the border.
Other Important Settings
Many other important settings like border-radius, margin, and padding can also be adjusted. These setting are especially very detail-oriented so that you can account for every little change and build your website with precision.
Dropdown Menu Settings
Dropdown menus are widely used in WooCommerce to create a smoother experience for the visitors. A proper dropdown menu helps your visitor find what they are looking for and makes navigation much easier. Gutenberg’s WordPress Filter helps you to create satisfactory and stylish dropdown menus. You can use either a WordPress category filter or filter by tag. That’s up to you.
- Firstly, you can change the text color of your categories or tags in the dropdown menu to your liking. The right color combination will not only make the menu easy to use but also stylish.
- Secondly, you can change the hover color of your categories or tags. For example, if you change the hover color to blue, the color of your categories or tags in the dropdown menu will change to blue when you put your cursor over them. This helps navigation tremendously.
- You can also change the dropdown background color to your liking. The color scheme is completely under your control with Gutenberg’s WordPress Filter.
- Other features such as Dropdown Radius and Dropdown padding can also be customized. This allows you to account for every tiny detail in position.
What Is The Difference Between Categories and Tags
Categories and tags are two key components by which you can group specific content. Though they work similarly, they have their fair share of differences. The knowledge of these differences can allow you to effectively use your WooCommerce filter by tag or category.
Categories refer to a specific genre, topic, or a group of topics. These topics are more often than not interconnected. It is a more general process by which we put together similar content.
Tags, on the other hand, go much deeper than just referring to a specific genre. Specific things, details are mentioned in tags. Consequently, one blog post may contain multiple tags.
Should You Use Categories or Tags?
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter lets you use both categories or tags to filter your content. Which one you want to use depends on your content.
If you want to group similar content according to more general topics, then filter by category will work better for you. On the contrary, if you want to put together content according to more detailed information then tags will give you a better result.
Category filter or filter by tag, whatever you may choose, Gutenberg’s WordPress filter will give you the best performance with the least effort on your part.
Gutenberg’s WordPress filter along with many other features will maintain your website for you without any coding on your part. You won’t be able to tell the difference between eating a cake and using Gutenberg’s WordPress filter.